Tech-Recipes.com - XP: Change the Registered Owner and Organization Names
These data fields can be easily changed in XP without reinstallation.
After purchasing a computer with XP already installed, many people want to change the registered owner and organization names on their system. This can be easily done without a lot of trouble.
This does require playing with the registry. If you are not comfortable and experienced with this, back up your system first.
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type regedit in the textbox and click OK.
4. Regedit should load. Browse to this registry key:
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
5. In the right panel, double click RegisteredOwner
6. In the value data field, change the name to whatever you wish
7. Click OK
8. In the right panel, double click RegisteredOrganization
9. In the value data field, change the name to whatever you wish. You may also delete this text and just leave this field blank.
10. Exit regedit and log off or reboot