computer keeps shutting down

carbrini 17:31 13 Mar 2006

I have built a computer that has the ASUS P5AD2 E Premium motherboard. Every connection is perfect, the system boots up. However, when I try to setup Windows XP onto the SATA Hard drive after formatting the system shuts down immediately during file copying. It is not a heat problem I have looked into that. I have no idea how to disable the overclocking in the BIOS as I feel this may be causing the shut downs. I have heard that many other people are having problems with this motherboard too. Can anyone tell me what settings I should have in my BIOS that may solve this problem?
SONY DVD/R/RW
SONY Floppy Drive
ASUS EXTREME N6600GT 128MB PCI E X16
ASUS P5AD2 E PREMIUM MOTHERBOARD
KINGSTON 1GB DDR2 MEMORY MODULE

carbrini 08:37 15 Mar 2006

I have built a computer that has the ASUS P5AD2 E Premium motherboard. Every connection is perfect, the system boots up. However, when I try to setup Windows XP onto the SATA Hard drive after formatting the system shuts down immediately during file copying. It is not a heat problem I have looked into that. I have no idea how to disable the overclocking in the BIOS as I feel this may be causing the shut downs. I have heard that many other people are having problems with this motherboard too. Can anyone tell me what settings I should have in my BIOS that may solve this problem?
SONY DVD/R/RW
SONY Floppy Drive
ASUS EXTREME N6600GT 128MB PCI E X16
ASUS P5AD2 E PREMIUM MOTHERBOARD
KINGSTON 1GB DDR2 MEMORY MODULE

Terry Brown 08:46 15 Mar 2006

Have you tried going into the BIOS and setting the default or safe mode ?.
This should clear any overclocking setings you have, then (if the problem is cured) gradually reset your bios to the settings you want

Don't forget to make a note (or print out) your bios settings first), so you know what to adjust.

xania 09:09 15 Mar 2006

If this fails to solve the problem, I would suspect a power problem or possibly weakness on the mobo or memory. Does the re-boot occur after a period of time or at a set point in the install process?

spuds 11:42 15 Mar 2006

>Recycling<

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires