Computer keeps freezing

Dorkins 11:09 16 Jan 2007

I don't know why but my computer keeps freezing up on me and even if i click on ctrl + alt and delete for the task manager it fails to stop the program from running. I run a complete anti-virus + spyware scan each and every day. I even had a vaccum cleaner around the intake vent and inside the computer case in case of over heating but this has not seemed to helped at all. The only way i can stop the pc from freezing is to disconnect the power supply at the wall socket. I know this is wrong but haven't a clue what else to do. I am running Windows XP Home Edition + SP1 and 2. Hope someone can help me out here. Many thanks.

ArrGee 11:41 16 Jan 2007

Try running this:
click here

Dorkins 15:45 16 Jan 2007

Have never heard of the program before today and was therefore a little wary but i took a chance and downloaded and run it where it found a load of problems and resolved them. Shall wait and see if the original problem of freezing is cured. But thanks for the link anyway. Cheers

Dorkins 15:45 16 Jan 2007

Have never heard of the program before today and was therefore a little wary but i took a chance and downloaded and run it where it found a load of problems and resolved them. Shall wait and see if the original problem of freezing is cured. But thanks for the link anyway. Cheers

Dorkins 15:46 16 Jan 2007

ArrGee 23:06 17 Jan 2007

Before things get worse, make sure that you have backed up all of your documents.

jorel 21:18 18 Jan 2007

I had the same problem on a computer once and tried everything I could think of. The problem turned out to be a dodgy RAM unit. If the problem still persists try checking your RAM to see if it's ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?