Computer keeps on Freezing

753Df 08:00 29 Jun 2005

I have a Dell computer system which keeps on freezing, especially when I am on the Aol Broadband. This has become a frequent occurance. I have defragmented the disc and have around 91% free capacity.
Please advise what I could do to resolve the problem.

Indigo 1 10:39 29 Jun 2005

A little more info would help, Which Operating System ?

Any error messages ?

How do you usually resolve it ?

What exactly happens when it "Freezes" ? does the whole screen lock-up or just part of it, can you still open Task Manager ?

753Df 11:24 29 Jun 2005

The system being used is Windoes XP

There have been two problems
a)One message was windows has been shut down as the computer had a critical error- but was ok afterre-booting.

b) normal problem is the computer freezes and the mouse or Alt-Control-Delete has no response and you have to switch off hold the button down and stare again by switching on.

753Df 11:24 29 Jun 2005

The system being used is Windoes XP

There have been two problems
a)One message was windows has been shut down as the computer had a critical error- but was ok afterre-booting.

b) normal problem is the computer freezes and the mouse or Alt-Control-Delete has no response and you have to switch off hold the button down and stare again by switching on.

jimv7 11:44 29 Jun 2005

Check the cpu running temperature, if its too hot it cause this error.

emr408 19:17 09 Dec 2005

I have a Tiny PC and it keeps freezing everytime i put any disc into the DVD RW/DVD ROM drives. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Cheers

Freddog™ 19:23 09 Dec 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?