Computer Keeps Crashing while Playing Game

Phoenix40 00:51 23 Dec 2013

Hello i have a PB Desktop computer with Wins Vista and over the last few weeks it keeps crashing while im playing one particular game which is connected to a game server. When it recovers there is a Wins Recover message on my desktop this is what the message says

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 116 BCP1: 850CD510 BCP2: 8D2106FA BCP3: C000000D BCP4: 00000003 OS Version: 606002 Service Pack: 2_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini122313-03.dmp C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-67735-0.sysdata.xml C:\Users\Roland\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5E06.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement: click here Its the same message for this game all the time. Sometimes it crashes when im using the BBC iplayer for streaming programmes. But it mainly happens with one rather simple game. I have all the up to date Nvidia graphic drivers installed. I use a Nvidia 8400GS card. Can anyone explain what this message means and can i sort out my problem. I do have the game on compatability mode with admin. It did work in the recent pass but i had problems with my computer but now most are sorted out. Hope for any help thank you.

Graphicool1 15:58 23 Dec 2013

Click the link, scroll down, download the following FREE software. Install and run it. It will tell you what caused your PC to crash. 'Who Crashed 5.00' CLICK HERE

Phoenix40 23:36 23 Dec 2013

Hello thank you for your help ive just used the Who Crashed 5.00 software and this is the reports i keep getting and the problem it suggests;

On Sun 22/12/2013 23:45:18 GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini122213-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x7BF99) Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFFFF84FBB3C8, 0xFFFFFFFF8CC0B6FA, 0xFFFFFFFFC000000D, 0x3) Error: VIDEOTDRERROR file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: DirectX Graphics Kernel Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time

I hope someone can understand this and has any idea how to correct these problems for my Nvidia graphic card and my Wins Vista. Look forward to any replies thank you.

rdave13 23:59 23 Dec 2013

Not easy but have you tried rolling back your Nvidia drivers via device manager. Look for display adapters and expand (+) then right click and select properties for the card. Under the driver tab select 'roll back driver'. Close device manager. Open control panel and select Windows update. Select 'change settings' select , 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them'. Next time you get a pop-up for updates then you can right click the update for Nvidia, gpu ,chip/card drivers and select to hide it. See how it runs with the last drivers installed.

Phoenix40 00:11 24 Dec 2013

Hello thanks but i have done that several times with my drivers and it still happens. But i will make the changes to my win updates like you suggeest. But what do those two errors mean? In the description i show is there anything that can be done with them? My screen just blacks out anytime now. Thanks for any help.

Phoenix40 00:13 24 Dec 2013

Hello thanks for your reply but i have done that several times with my drivers but it makes no difference. What does those two errors in the description mean? It seems to happen anytime now. Thanks for any replies.

Phoenix40 00:25 24 Dec 2013

Hello i just be thinking is it alright to install an early graphic card driver then put in a recent one? Or should you install each one that has come out for that card. I just wonder if this might cause problems et me know thanks.

rdave13 01:47 24 Dec 2013

Change windows update settings first if you can. Boot to safe mode (tapping F8 or in some cases F5) while it 's booting should load the advanced boot screen so you select safe mode (without internet). It loads up all the files first then you get to a rather strange desktop, eventually, with everything large. This is Vista's generic drivers kicking in and very basic. Go to control panel and uninstall the Nvidia drivers. As it's Vista you will have to reboot once the drivers uninstalled.

Once rebooted use the disc that came with the Nvidia 8400GS card to install the old drivers. This is assuming that the onboard gpu does not need to be run in safe mode. Motherboards with 'onboard' graphics have changed a lot over a very short time.

Phoenix40 03:00 24 Dec 2013

Hello i did as you said uninstalled my graphic card drivers from safe mode and rebooted my computer. But when i got to desktop my computer started to search for the configuration of the drivers and when i put my graphic card driver disk into my DVD drive and clicked on it it came up with a message that said Access Denied and wouldnt let me install the original drivers. The computer then setup the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers instead and automatically set my desktop to the HD native resolution instead. At the moment im not sure if this will sort out the problems or not? But i will let you know later thanks for your help. This computer's original card was replaced with this one over a year ago.

rdave13 03:05 24 Dec 2013

Now you're running change windows update features, as my previous post pronto, in case Windows update UPDATES ANOTHER DRIVER.

rdave13 03:08 24 Dec 2013

See how it goes because Windows and Nvidia aren't communicating well lately. I don't know why but there it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?