computer hijacked

loopyloo 13:59 28 Feb 2006

I am having problems with my computer somehow it installed all malware etc even though I have spywareblaster installed etc. I have run adaware and cleared what came up. Then ran spybot and it found something called smitfraud c and deskwizz but spybot will not get rid of it. I don't know what these are but I can't even bring up control/alt/del to see what process etc are running. Also it will not let me get into my registry. It says that another program is using it. Please can someone help me with all these problems. Don't know how I got in this mess.

rmcqua 14:04 28 Feb 2006

loopyloo
Sounds like you didn't have up to date anti-spyware and anti-virus software running. There have been some previous threads on this subject. Smitfraud is a nasty piece of malware. Try searching the forums for "spyaxe" and "spywarestrike" and I think you will find some suggestions.
Good luck.

VoG II 14:07 28 Feb 2006

Run HJT click here and post your log on the Malware Removal forum click here

johndrew 14:10 28 Feb 2006

You could also try click here and click here

loopyloo 15:32 28 Feb 2006

I had all my virus definitions uptodate. Is there a free program which will get rid of this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:51 28 Feb 2006

Spyaxe / SpyTrooper
click here

skidzy 15:58 28 Feb 2006

Sounds like you downloaded something,no matter what defences you have...if you give permission to a download it will 9 out of 10 times install some Nasty if coming from somewhere dodgy.

Try running ewido click here and Microsofts Defender click here

These may be a solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?