Is this computer good for gaming?

Baxthar 16:56 27 Jan 2015

Here are the specs:

Motherboard - Gigabyte F2A55M-HD2 Motherboard Expansion - 1x PCI Express x16, 1x PCI Express x1, 1x PCI CPU Type - AMD FM2 Dual Core CPU Model - AMD FM2 A6 6400K 3.9ghz Dual Core CPU Socket - AMD FM2 CPU Speed - 3.9 Ghz CPU Max Turbo Clock Speed - 4.1 Ghz

Memory - 8GB DDR3 Performance Ram Graphics Card - Onboard AMD Radeon HD 8470D

I know it's not amazing but I just want to know if it's good enough to play games on a medium quality. Also, if the game is more CPU based, is the CPU good enough?

Thank's for helping.

Baxthar 16:57 27 Jan 2015

Hi. I have a small budget of £250 so building a gaming PC is kind of out off the question. I've found two pre-built systems but I'm not sure what is better.

PC 1: click here 2: click here love to play games at 1080p on medium settings. I mainly play Europa Univeralis 4, Crusader Kings II and Victoria 2. There more CPU based games so please tell me which computer would be better for me.

Thank you.

or

PC I'd

Ian in Northampton 20:16 27 Jan 2015

Personally, I'd say that the Freshtech is a significantly better machine than the Chillblast - but, on the other hand, Chillblast do have a good reputation. The Freshtech has a faster processor (it's a shame they don't specify which one) and more memory. As to whether either will play the games how you want them: I think you know that £250 isn't going to get you a great (or even very good) gaming machine, but if you look here for instance, I'd say that CK II isn't too demanding and either of these machines should give you a reasonable experience.

The Kestrel 11:48 28 Jan 2015

I assume that you are aware that neither of the PCs you suggested include an operating system. You would need to factor the cost of an OS, around £70, into your total cost of the new system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?