computer gets blue screen at startup. cant system repair

shlulu123 08:43 28 Apr 2015

Hey everybody. So, when i woke up i saw an error on the windows update in the taskbar. Seems like the computer tried restarting but failed. Also the sound didnt work when i tried playing a file. So i rebooted the system. Computer went stright to system repair mode where it supposedly succeeded. Computer rebooted itself and in the windows screen i got the blue screen of death. From there it went to the.system repair which failed - os is windows 7 64 - computer is up to date with antivirus. - cant get into safe mode but can get to bios options. - saw some people had trouble with theKB3045999 windows update Including critical failure to reboot. Maybe thats it?

Last thing, when looking at the startup repair log it seems as if all the tests went fine but at root cause found: registry is corrupt. Computer was in sleep mode the entire night Any help? Thanks you

shlulu123 08:46 28 Apr 2015

Sorry for the messy writing. Wrote from my phone. The - suppose to be a new line. In the end its suppose.to stay computer in sleep mode a) night. Any help

Secret-Squirrel 09:48 28 Apr 2015

"........cant get into safe mode......"

Can you get to "Repair your computer"? If it's available then it'll be at the top of the list - like this. If you can then follow it through until you get to the "System Recovery Options" screen, click on System Restore and choose an available restore point that pre-dates the start of this problem.

shlulu123 10:48 28 Apr 2015

Hey. I know what you meant. The problem is it fails to get into safe mode and also fails to restore to a different restore point. As said- the only restore point i have is yestrday, and it could be that the problem happened before that.

shlulu123 10:49 28 Apr 2015

Problem was that it tried to mount the restore point from the registry but i thunk the registry is corrupt

Secret-Squirrel 11:26 28 Apr 2015

" As said- the only restore point i have is yestrday........"

No, you didn't say that ;)

"Computer rebooted itself and in the windows screen i got the blue screen of death."

Are you still getting a BSoD when you try to boot the computer? If you are then select "Disable automatic restart on system failure". When the BSoD occurs it should stay at that screen so write down the details and post them here (or use a camera to take a screenshot and upload it to a picture-sharing website).

shlulu123 12:19 28 Apr 2015

I worked it out by running the windows repair from the windows install dvd.. Thanks for your help

shlulu123 14:37 28 Apr 2015

another question- do you know how can i prevent that to happen next time or find out what caused the problem? im looking at the event viewer logs but dont know what to look for specifically

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone