Computer Freezing

firerescue999 21:51 29 Oct 2007

Hi, I have a problem with my PC.The screen keeps freezing. At first I thought it was driver confliction. After reformating my hard drive and installing no drivers the PC still freezes. I now think there is a hardware problem. Do you think it is the power supply, HDD or Motherboard? Many thanks.

firerescue999 22:12 29 Oct 2007

Do you think a more powerful PSU will solve the problem?

birdface 09:58 30 Oct 2007

Hi.You do not seam to be getting much response.I was going to say to check the air vents at the Back for dust and fluff,If clogged up would make the computer overheat and freeze.You would also need to clean the inside of the computer as well especially around the PSU.And yes it could be a PSU problem but as I am no expert I would wait until someone else can give you the advice that you need. In device manager is there any yellow exclamation marks beside any of your Devices.

RobCharles1981 10:09 30 Oct 2007

Just a note this topic has been covered before if you used the search forum feature at the top of this page, you would of found the solution to your concern.

Cheers
Rob

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 30 Oct 2007

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?