Computer Freezes When I try Prnting?

gplatt2000 11:40 24 May 2004

Hi all. Ive just found a strange problem which has now hapenned three times. When I try printing a document (from Word to a Canon i250, Widnows XP), my computer completely freezes, I cant do CTRL ALT DEL, music stops playing, mouse pointer disappears, programs atop etc etc, frocing me to turn off the PC. The first two times it hapenned was when I actually pressed 'Print', the computer froze. The third time was after I checked wires were plugged in right, blew any dust off them etc, and the document actually started printing, bet then suddenly stopped - as did the whole computer. When I turned the computer back on, the printer finished its job.

Any ideas why this could be hapenning would be great, thanks a lot

Gavin

gplatt2000 18:50 24 May 2004

'Bump'

woodchip 19:04 24 May 2004

Go to start\settings\printers right click you printer and delete. Reboot then reinstall your printer from disc

gplatt2000 23:16 01 Jun 2004

Cheers, ive re-installed it and all seems OK, but im thinking now it might actaually be that the USB cable is pretty stretsched to reach where is going and oucld be a lose connection, looks like I might be getting a new one if the prooblem starts again. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?