computer and eye strain

daisy2bell 07:50 20 Dec 2007

Having a few problems with my eyes, in as much that bright lights including looking at the PC causes me to get migraines.
Somewhere in the back of my mind, I seem to remember that there are special glasses for looking at computer screens.
Can anyone enlighten me please.
Thanks

birdface 08:27 20 Dec 2007

I am not sure about special glasses.But when I got my eyes tested I said I would also like a pair for working on the computer.He asked how far away from the computer do I sit,And tested my eyes at that distance.My reading glasses or long distance glasses are no good for working with the computer as you end up with eye strain or a stiff neck.Well worth getting the proper glasses.

Technotiger 08:37 20 Dec 2007

There is a special Filter that can be placed over the entire screen for just such problems. click here

Technotiger 08:41 20 Dec 2007
  daisy2bell 12:09 20 Dec 2007

Thanks guys, I'll check out both options, and tick as resolved. I am getting new glasses in January, so might go down that route. But I will check the filter option as well.

Les28 12:09 20 Dec 2007

Do you have a CRT or an LCD monitor?
Just wondering if you have a CRT maybe the refresh rate is a bit low.
Have you adjusted brightness and contrast etc on the monitor to try and make it more suitable for you?
Otherwise I go along with the suggestions already made, anti-glare screen and computer in a suitable location and if you wear glasses get a pair precribed for the correct distance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017