Computer crashing: words freezing and looking 3d

Edwinsprint 18:09 12 Mar 2006

After having to get a new motherboard (Optroni)with new memory (516) installed (£250) I have had my computer back for a day and it is crashing.

Sometimes it is usable for over 30 mins sometimes it crashes within 2 mins. It seems to crash quicker when I am on the internet, especially when I am opening a window eg cricket scorecard on BBC Sport website.

When it crashes everything freezes and the letters and pictures seem to go like when you watch or read 3d stuff without the 3d glasses on. Sometimes thin pink lines appear down the screen??? Once the screen turned itself off. Ctrl alt del wont help and it needs to be rebooted.

Is this the monitor or the new hardware being faulty???

I am using XP Pro with Z Alarm.

I would be really grateful for any support!!!!

Ed

Fruit Bat /\0/ Sun, [email protected]:28

Sounds like a driver conflict on your graphics card.

Belarc click here will tell you exactly whats fitted, download the latest driver.

Edwinsprint
Sun, [email protected]:45

Okay. Thats seems to make sense.

Belarc says

Display

ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 [Display adapter]
COMPAQ V75 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, s/n 847CF24AH429, November 1998)

Does this mean I need to download the latest driver for ATI Radeon Xpress 200????

What is a driver conflict. Does that mean that the driver is too old for the new stuff?

Thanks Ed

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:26 12 Mar 2006

Why have you started a new thread? Just reply to your old one.

Yes download the ATI xpress200 driver fully compatible with ATI’s Catalyst Drivers. click here

woodchip 18:35 12 Mar 2006

As it looks like you payed good money to have your computer fixed. Take it back for them to sort it, You do have warranty for work payed for, unless it's a private job

Edwinsprint 19:09 12 Mar 2006

Yep I think thats it. I'll take it back before I mess it up downloading the wrong driver.

click here

Fruit Bat thanks for the help unfortunately ATI would not let the link work. I have been looking at the above page. Do you think this would be a suitable driver?

Started new thread in order to get more than 1 reply.

Jackcoms 19:19 12 Mar 2006

"Started new thread in order to get more than 1 reply."

Not wise. That usually only annoys/frustrates Forum members. It does NOT encourage additional replies.

Edwinsprint 19:20 12 Mar 2006

Fair point. First time I have used forums , will bear in mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?