computer completly screwed up after loading games

pomerian 21:29 30 Dec 2007

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help my daughter? she has recently bought a new computer running XP professional 64 bit She has installed lots of games on it and it has gone haywire all folders in my documents have vanished sound has gone, games that worked before now won't run, if you click on internet icon on desk top it doesn't open it puts a short cut on the desktop which doesn't work although you can get on the internet from the start menue. we ran system restore but it says it cannot restore. we ran AVG but it found nothing we ran the Windows disc no good we looked in add/remove to try and uninstall Windows to start anew but there is no sign of it. Tried to access Microsoft knowledge base says it can't connect.

Ex plorer 21:35 30 Dec 2007

(Windows disc no good) Do you mean you tried to run Win XP to do a Repair.

skidzy 21:41 30 Dec 2007

If you wish to return the computer to factory settings let us know ?

Please post the make and model number

Where was the pc bought from

Did you receive or create a recovery cd/dvd

Have you tried tapping F11 or F10 on startup to possibly access a recovery/restore partition.

Before attempting a recovery,please backup any important data first.

Please answer all questions if you can.

pomerian 23:06 30 Dec 2007

Ex plorer yes I tried winXP to do a repair

skidzy make is Aria Technology New solution series NSK4000/4480/4486B Bought from Aria Technology yes I have Windows installation CD OEM version just tried F10 &F11 nothing happened can't back anything up data was in my Documents which now shows a blank screen all data has vanished including all the folders. Yes please we would like to return computer to factory settings

skidzy 23:14 30 Dec 2007

Follow the instructions to the letter click here
or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?