Complicated search engine source problem

spikeychris 12:37 03 May 2004

Hard to explain >>>

The pic site click here will not allow me to add Meta's or a title that will be pickup by Google, however click here (which is the same site) allows it. Thing is the last link is hosted by NTL and I have used 1&1 to buy the name then redirected it to my free website available at NTL.

I have used click here to run the diag tests and it comes back poor with ihatemykids but with the homepage.ntlworld its perfect. How can I add the title etc to the ihatemykids site?

The source is missing from ihatemykids when you try it on-line.

Sir Radfordin 14:20 03 May 2004

I have a feeling that because you are using your 1&1 domain to redirect to the NTL webspace that any search engine crawler is itself being redirected and so picking up the NTL page and not the redirection one.

Could be wrong...has been known!

spikeychris 14:26 03 May 2004

Same thoughts here...soloution??

Sir Radfordin 14:47 03 May 2004

I've got a mate who has a mate who do could you a deal??

...don't think there will be one :(

spikeychris 14:52 03 May 2004

Is there not a way to add the source to the ihatemykids?

when you view the source it just comes up with the source of the NTL frame that it is stuck in (as you know), the simplest solution would be to spend the 2 pound a month (or less) to get a proper host.

if you search google for ihatemykids it comes up fine

spikeychris 16:44 03 May 2004

Might just do that horiz5. Thought there might have been a way to redirect the source.

fourm member , as you say you do not understand.

the code you see by 'view source' is the code of the ntl frameset over which spikeychris has no control

spikeychris 10:51 04 May 2004

"So, once again we see that you get what you pay for - nothing." I will have to strongly disagree there fm, the entire site, (130 pics) and forum and all extras is being hosted...hardly *nothing*!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?