Completly delete a arkward file

devilsprofessor 22:18 27 Apr 2003

Hi guys
Made a bit of a boo boo
Tried to install easy cd creator platinum and didn't have the serial code so i cancelled.
During the progress it deleted my basic cd creator 5.
I deleted the file that i installed 6 from b\c I thought i'd just go back to using 5 basic.
Stupid me, I deleted the uninstaller!
Can't remove it from control panal (i use win xp) it won't let me.
Tried deleting registry key...hasn't worked
PLEASE can some genius tell me how to just get rid so I can install my basic 5 again because it won't let me while there is a better version on here...or so it thinks!

hugh-265156 22:31 27 Apr 2003

untill somebody comes up with a proper solution i used this click here some time ago to remove an akward program.worth a try.before you do can you do a system restore back to before you deleted the uninstaller?

woodchip 22:36 27 Apr 2003

You need to remove all you can find in the Start/Find/ Find Files you will have to try Roxio also easy CD creatore etc when you have cleared them try this

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box xxxxxxx click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with xxxxxxx in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type xxxxxxx and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than xxxxxxx then reboot your computer

The xxxxxxx is the files you are looking for. You can only look for one at a time. If you change the file in find files you should close regedit and then reopen it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?