Compatible/Remanufactured Ink

What are the pros and cons of purchasing Compatible/Remanufactured ink cartridges? I have a hp photosmart 7960 and need some cartridges though the genuine HP ones are up to 3 times the price.

Should I go genuine or can somebody recommend a good site for Compatible/Remanufactured cartridges. Thanks.

^

yaesu 20:22 30 Oct 2006

Try here click here they've always worked for my Canon. Regards, yaesu

Technotiger 20:30 30 Oct 2006

Hi, I have always used Choice as well, for my Epson printers. A very good service and prices.
Pros - Much cheaper, Cons - Not found any yet.

Cheers

So are we saying its not a problem using non-genuine cartridges ?

Technotiger 21:38 30 Oct 2006

Yes.

Cheers

woodchip 21:51 30 Oct 2006

I use them from the above link, have done for years. on a Epson 680

Z1100 22:28 30 Oct 2006

Listen, if you want to fill cartriges 1 or 2 times go ahead. Just do not use them if you want to do some fine printing like Photographs.

The print head is in the cartrige and Cartridges for different printers may be incompatible - either physically or electrically and since the current flows through the metal causing it to warm up and The ink immediately surrounding the heated plate is vapourised and dropped onto the surface, any difference will be noticed in finer print jobs.

Not only but also...

There are several qualities and types of refilling, some of them being safe and successful, while other types can ruin the printer and/or give bad quality prints. Some cartridges sold as "new and compatible" are actually used and refilled by companies that buy used cartridges!

I for one would not be using anything except originals.

Technotiger 22:32 30 Oct 2006

Hi, I am under the impression that we are not talking about refills here - I would never use refills.

Cheers.

Z1100 22:35 30 Oct 2006

and I said,

Some cartridges sold as "new and compatible" are actually used and refilled by companies that buy used cartridges!

It's scary out there! ;)
Hanx!
K.

woodchip 22:36 30 Oct 2006

Choice guarantee if you have printer problems with there ink, they will repair or sort the problem Free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?