compatiable Inks "are they money savers as quoted

LEGGGGY 18:53 03 Feb 2007

hi

Im looking to replace my near run out inks for my Canon Pixma ip4200, trouble is a new set is nearly as much as a new printer.. however ive seen these compatiable inks with prices at a fraction of direct canon replacements..

does anyone know if these are as good as they say they are and whats the catch -if any ???

ps,, wheres the best place to buy inks ?

Jackcoms 18:56 03 Feb 2007

Yes, these are as good as they (whoever "they" are) say they are.

No, there's no catch.

Buy from click here

Strawballs 18:59 03 Feb 2007
  Jackcoms 19:03 03 Feb 2007

I think you'll find that I've already provided that link.

LEGGGGY 19:07 03 Feb 2007

thanks jackcoms , but all i can find are canons own brand which are more expensive than staples..

SANTOS7 19:14 03 Feb 2007

click here

I buy from here

ROYSTERO 19:18 03 Feb 2007

Why not do a Google search?

Ben 216 19:27 03 Feb 2007

I buy jet-tec from click here

They work fine, print photos ok, and are a decent price too. I'm told though that 'non-original' cartridges won't print photos as well, and that the ink will fade over time, but I've never checked and I'm not sure how true this is.

One thing to consider is wether they will void your waranty. Epson detect when a non-epson cartridge is used and the warranty becomes void.

Ben 216 19:30 03 Feb 2007

The only bad experience I had was with some very cheap unbranded ink, I ended up using most of it repeatedly cleaning the print head! I've stuck to jet-tec ever since with no damage to my printer.

Technotiger 19:41 03 Feb 2007

Hi, I use Epson compatibles supplied by Choice (as per above links), have done so for years, never had any problems. I do a lot of photo work. Choice also supply other consumables and media, all at very reasonable prices.

Cheers

Jackcoms 19:53 03 Feb 2007

"all i can find are canons own brand which are more expensive than staples"

You obviously haven't looked closely enough.

I buy compatibles from Choice for my Canon all the time. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?