Compare Windows XP with Vista Side by Side

J B 19:56 12 Jan 2006

For those of us who have yet to compare both Operating Systems check out click here The website has some good screenshots to compare each system. J.B.

J B 23:33 12 Jan 2006

I guess nobody wanted to have a look so I will close this thread out as it has not generated any interest J.B.

Skyver 23:55 12 Jan 2006

I read the pieces you linked to, also watched this interview with one of the programmers involved in the new `Aero` look several months back. Similar thoughts to the author of the Vista article(s); looks good but the novelty will wear off.
click here

Forum Editor 00:49 13 Jan 2006

for a few months now, and I'm very impressed. The next beta version should have most of the features that my current technical build doesn't have, and I'm looking forward to that.

Skyver 01:42 13 Jan 2006

Are the changes to user accounts likely to cut down the spyware/malware/virus infections that XP etc suffer(s) from? In terms of a more flexible system than Administrator/Limited/Guest accounts.

Gandalph 02:00 13 Jan 2006

Not an impressive write up is it. I think, from what I have read and seen of it that Microsoft will have to do a hell of a lot of work to Vista before they can force my wallet from my pocket.

J B 10:17 13 Jan 2006

Gandalph
You are not kidding, Duckets are in short supply I can tell you for sure. My wallet has a padlock on it for the future, and like you say it's going to take something special before the padlock comes off. J.B.

Forum Editor 23:28 13 Jan 2006

Bear in mind that anyone who writes about Vista is doing so based on the technical beta, which is devoid of many of the features that will be in the final product.

Whether or not Vista will be 'worth' the cost of migration is going to be a matter of opinion, and Microsoft are well aware of the pitfalls associated with a new OS launch - they've done it often enough, after all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017