Manually Extracting Files From Recovery CD
To install individual files from the Compaq 4000/4400/4500/4700 Series Recovery CD, carry out the following steps,
* Get hold of a copy of WinZip from click here in order to view the archive contents without decompressing first.
* Insert the Quick Recovery CD and look for a folder containing 10 zip files (normally called na02).
* Double clicking on a Zip file will open that file and show a list of the contents. Hunt around until you find the file(s) you're looking for.
* Highlight the file(s) you want and click on the Extract icon.
* It should scan the zip file for the files and then ask you to enter a password. Enter (without quotes) "PREDATOR ###", where the ### is the last three numbers in the zip file name (the name that appears on the WinZip window title bar). Ie, for the file Win010.zip, the password would be PREDATOR010. For the file Compaq26.zip, the password would be PREDATOR026.
N.B. For the Compaq 4540 & 4882 (and probably most of the new Compaqs), the password is SMDCONSUMER (in capitals)
How to install compaq presario notebook recovery disk?
to recover your computer to factory, you typically insert the recovery cd, and reboot. then you should see a menu, or a prompt to boot from the cd.
if you do not see this, you may need to change the booting order of the pc to boot from the cd drive dfirst.
when you forst power on the pc, look for words that say Press F2, or Press F10. These will allow you to access other areas of the computer designed for recovery and repair.
if you see anything that says boot order, select the cd drive.
If you see anything that says recovery, that is the same as the recovery cd. Most manufacturers put the recovery cd right on the hard drive. You just press one of the F keys, like F10 or F12 to access the recovery menu.
Doing a recovery deletes all the files and programs you put on the computer after you bought it. You will lose personal data. make sure you have a copy elsewhere, on a cd, or a dvd, or a usb key etc.