Compaq presario Grapics card update

stormrider123 14:09 12 Mar 2011

I Have a compaq presario SR1705UK and currently it only has an onboard graphics card which is ATI Radeon Xpress 200 64mb and its pretty crap i mean it can run older games like 2008 and older but for the newer ones its total crap i was wondering if any one has a cheap replacement that will work with my computer it would be good if it is under £80 and i dont mind if its used because this isnt my primary pc and this is just for my son to use

stormrider123 14:11 12 Mar 2011

Also since ma psu is only 300 or 350 watt it would hve to be less power consuming

stormrider123 14:29 12 Mar 2011

can anyone tell me if this is a good purchase and if it will be compatible with my compaq presario sr1705uk it does state inthe specs of the card that it is PCI Express 2.0 x16 but im worried because this says pci express 2.0 x16 but on the hp website it says my motherboard supports pci express x16
is this the same and if yes why is it so cheap?
motherboar:
click here

natdoor 21:42 12 Mar 2011

You do not appear tohave posted a link to the card for which you seek information.

As far as PCIe1 and PCIe2 are concerned, the latter has twice the data rate of the former. PCIe2 m/boards are backwards compatible with PCIe1 cards. According to the wikipedia article, a PCIe2 graphics card should function with a PCIe1 m/board. See click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017