Compaq Presario F500 lost wireless function

jas7 12:33 21 Jan 2009

Good news!

HP are offering to do a free repair for those Presarios who have suddenly lost wireless connectivity and are the right models, even those outside warranty! See link
click here

chalu001 14:09 24 Jan 2009

hi guys,

Everybody wants on the search engine optimization bandwagon. By now you have probably read about the many tricks and techniques, you probably have even read many things about what I will be writing about here. Thanks

NYK
[url=click here ]Alcoholism Information [/url]
<a href=click here >Alcoholism Information </a>

Q007 14:11 05 Feb 2010

This happened to me last night 04/02/10 was fine earlier in the evening then when i switched my laptop on about 10pm the wireless light stayed orange and wireless adapter was missing from device manager, So I plugged in a wireless dongle and it connected with no problems. I googled the fault hoping for a quick fix and this is how i discovered this forum. I clicked your link that then took me to the hp web site and made a note of the phone number. called HP today to finally get to a human speaking english i had to press a few wrong extension buttons, after explaining my problem ,make model no. etc. the indian voice on the other end say's they have no known issues with the presario f500 as of the 01/02/10 all previous extended warranties etc are null and void for repairs out of warranty.

could someone who's fixed this please let me know if it's just a case of buying a new wifi card and plugging it in as I know i can buy a reasonable branded one for as little as £4 delivered.

Kind regards

Mr Q Peel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017