Compaq Armada M700 dead after flashing Bios

User-B87EAB8D-DCF0-4409-9B1DBE2C77FDE377 16:22 07 Feb 2007

My laptop starts but nothing happens after flashing bios. It does not detect any hardware at all, the screen is blank, the HDD and CDROM drives are not detected. Only three lights at the top of keyboard and that's it, and stays like that indefinately.
Does anyone know how i can restore my laptop, or where I can get the bios to revive it.

This are the specs.

Compaq Armada M700
P3 99Mhz
Win XP Pro

Totally-braindead 16:26 07 Feb 2007

You should only flash the BIOS if absolutely necessary, it is possible the BIOS flash has failed either due to you using the wrong file or due to the flashing not being done correctly.
I have no idea as to how to check this and can only hope that someone else can help.

sinbads 16:32 07 Feb 2007

quote from gooling "Unfortunately you need a working BIOS to even get to the point of flashing it. Or do anything else, for that matter".

As a result, when a BIOS flash fails, the only typical remedy is to physically replace the chip on the motherboard in which the BIOS is stored with one containing a working BIOS for that motherboard. That probably means going back to the manufacturer of your computer or its motherboard.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:57 07 Feb 2007

Faint hope it may reset if you disconnect the CMOS battery for a few minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone