Compact Flash Cards

Nidan 21:07 15 Jul 2003

I have a Dimage 7i camera in which I use a 256mb Compact Flash Card. I download the images using a SanDisk Card reader. I have a project coming up in which I need to know in which order a set of similar photographs were taken.

The last time I took some pictures the photos were downloaded in no apparent order. Is there any way I can format the flash card or ensure that they are downloaded in the proper sequence.

Valvegrid 21:13 15 Jul 2003

If I'm not mistaken, provided the clock is set in the camera correctly the image files names contain the date/time in them.

Paul.

yonex24562 21:42 15 Jul 2003

I have a Minolta Dimage 5 camera and the photos are numbered as they are taken, i.e. PICT001. If you start with an empty card then the numbers will be in sequence and you will have no problem.If you have photos on the card already you should only need to know the starting number. The only way that this will not work is if you delete photos from the card using the camera before you have downloaded onto the pc. I would like to think that the two cameras would work to the same system. Hope this helps, cheers

hssutton 21:51 15 Jul 2003

Your D7i numbers all the images in the order taken. Go to custom 1 in setup and select file memory on. See page 118 on your Minolta CD-Rom

Nidan 22:18 17 Jul 2003

My thanks to those who replied I shall run some tests and try out your suggestions
Nidan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?