Comp restarting itself after disp driver instal

prodway 21:49 19 Jan 2004

Hi,im tearing my hair out here,im hoping somone can help me before i reinstall windows xp.I recently uninstalled my 7.10catalist driver for my ati9600pro graphics card and installed a 7.8 one in its place and ever since my computer freezes,goes black and restarts,Iv tried different drivers still no joy,also reinstalled ati control panel.The only way i can use my computer at the moment is if i dont have a display driver installed.This forum has helped me numerous times before and im hoping you can help me again,My system is athlon2000xp,ati9600pro,512ddr ram,creative soundblaster live,windows xp.Cheers,Paul.

PSF 23:51 19 Jan 2004

Have you tried to un-install the driver and control panel using the cat-uninstaller tool from click here .

The new 4.1 drivers have just come out today, try using them.
After you have downloaded the new drivers, un-install the old ones using the un-installer tool, reboot, when asked to find drivers cancel the installation and then manually install them from your downloaded drivers.

You could also try using the smartgart-uninstaller as well, as this can cause problems with some systems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?