Comodo upgrade

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:43 09 Feb 2008

I've been using Comodo Pro for some time now. My current version is 3.0.13.268 and all is well.

However, it informs me on the opening page that a newer version is available and supplies the link. When I click on the link to upgrade I get this pop up: click here Any suggestions?

rdave13 22:58 09 Feb 2008

If OS is Vista then take heed. Was a great fan of Commodo firewall but it's become bloated and I've returned to version 2 on XP. Vista certainly doesn't like it any more on my laptop as I get warnings that Vista needs verifying and fails and I have to uninstall Commodo firewall.
Pity really as it used to be a good firewall at one time.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:39 09 Feb 2008

I changed to Comodo when it started outranking ZA in the charts. Never had any bother until trying to update this one.

rdave13 23:45 09 Feb 2008

Had problems with it with my internet connections in XP. In 'Network Connections' it brought up a 'Gateway internet connection' which monitored the LAN settings. When Commodo v3 tried to update then it knackered the connection. Took a while to figure it out, hence uninstall and revert to v2.

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:28 10 Feb 2008

Just had a look at the download site and found this: "Automatic updates for versions 3.0.12.266 and 3.0.13.268 are not available"

Looks like an uninstall of the old is necessary to get the new version installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?