Comodo Slowing Computer

Swampy 07:23 17 Sep 2008

Hi All,

I have the free Comodo fire wall installed which is normally very good. Three times over the last few months my system has suddenly slowed to a virtual crawl at boot-up, taking approx 15 mins before able to do anything. After removing and reinstalling Comodo everything is back to normal. Anyone else come across this and have any ideas why please?

Windows XP with all updates & AVG anti-virus.

rdave13 08:44 17 Sep 2008

On XP reverted back to version 2. Less bloated than version 3.
No slowdown with version 3 on Vista though.

john bunyan 08:59 17 Sep 2008

Swampy. I have same - Commodo plus free AVG 8.
with XP pro with MCE.Had problems with install SP3 - Lost tuner etc.In the end I uninstalled AVG and Commodo, Installed SP3 in safe mode from a download and reinstalled Commodo and AVG. Commodo seems ok now, except I am never completely sure what to do when it issues a warning!Maybe there were conflicts with SP3 but seems ok now.

kalignorgna 13:23 23 Sep 2008

comodo has prevented itunes,safari and countles overs ontop of this with some game cds it frezzes the system so depending what you are doing its somtimes better to close comodo wile downloading or installing certain programs like this.

birdface 14:10 23 Sep 2008

A few folk with the same problem lately.Maybe uninstall it then run C Cleaner then reinstall it like they did.It might work for you as well.

Swampy 17:05 23 Sep 2008

Thanks all. Everything is fine at the moment but perhaps I'll try un-installing, cleaning and then reinstalling, as suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone