comodo internet security do i need spywareblaster

pookie 21:37 10 Jun 2010

Hi

Windows xp sp3.

I am trying the free comodo internet security suite as read that it's getting better with recent updates. However, apparently it's only a firewall and antivirus. I already have free malwarebytes but do i need spywareblaster to stop spyware coming through and then malwarebytes to remove any that get through?

Many thanks

P

rawprawn 21:56 10 Jun 2010

Yes, SpywareBlaster and MalwareBytes do two different jobs. SpywareBlaster fills in secondary registry entries to prevent malware being attached to the registry.
MalwareBytes searches for Malware that is already in your computer
click here

rawprawn 21:58 10 Jun 2010

Should add, this is why you need to keep SpywareBlaster updated.

provider 2 10:57 11 Jun 2010

"I am trying the free comodo internet security suite as read that it's getting better with recent updates. However, apparently it's only a firewall and antivirus."

Seems unlikely that you won`t have Defense+ unless you have disabled it, of course. It`s a kind of internal check that nothing is running that shouldn`t be click here

No conflict with SpywareBlaster if you want have that too.

Halmer 16:21 11 Jun 2010

tops.

As has been said you will more than likely have Defense + which is the anti malware bit. I use Spywareblaster to as it works differently.

Right click on the little icon in the brhc and you should see Antivirus, Firewall, Defense + and Sandbox.

pookie 09:20 12 Jun 2010

Many thanks for the replies.

I have had to uninstall the comodo free internet security as after initial install on every reboot a message came up saying 'error 1706' and something about 'destinations source'. I googled this and it may have been my HP printer drivers but i uninstalled those and yet the message still came up. On the comodo forums some have had the 1706 message after installing comodo and they advise to uninstll comodo and reinstall it again. I did this but the 1706 still comes up.

It's a shame cause I really liked the package but have gone back to free avast and free pc tools firewall.

Many thnaks

P

sunnystaines 10:13 12 Jun 2010

spywareblaster is one of those must haves put it on every computer. never known a problem with it clashing with security software.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?