Comodo firewall - unable to get Activation Code

Jim Thing 12:53 18 Oct 2006

I recently installed the Comodo firewall from PCA's October DVD-ROM. The installation itself was no problem, but my attempt to register the software (in order to receive, by email, an Activation Code which would get me a permanent licence) produced no response from Comodo.

I then uninstalled the software, downloaded it direct from Comodo's website, and reinstalled it. Same result.

I've tried to email Comodo's support service but have had no acknowledgement.

It occurred to me that the missing email containing the code may have been discarded as spam somewhere along the line — but my ISP merely flags suspected spam but doesn't delete it, and I don't have spam-trapping software on my system. Could anyone suggest why I'm unable to get this Activation Code, or perhaps how I can contact Comodo?

The firewall itself seems to do exactly what it says on the tin, by the way, but my initial licence to use it will expire on November 8th and I need the code.

TIA
Jim

Mike D 13:11 18 Oct 2006

Jim
Just picking up on your Comodo problem, I also had difficulting in registering, until I re-read the email confirming my "order" that I received from them. The activations key was buried in the text of the message. Hope this helps.

Mike

De Marcus™ 13:49 18 Oct 2006

Also had the same problem, you receive the email 'receipt' but not the licence email. I found using a free email account never works, i.e. yahoo, gmail, etc. If you haven't already, use your isps email account.

If you've still got problems, send me an email and I'll send you a licence number.

Jim Thing 13:52 18 Oct 2006

Thanks for responding Mike. The "Order Confirmations" that I've had from Comodo (I've had one from each of several attempts to register) have all been identical except for the seven-digit Order Number, which is the only thing I can see that might remotely resemble a code (but which doesn't work when entered).

Also the confirmation specifically states:
"Your licence will be issued shortly and emailed to...[my address]"

and
"A confirmation email will shortly be sent to...{my address]"

?????
Jim

De Marcus™ 13:53 18 Oct 2006

You have mail, and an activation code :-)

Jim Thing 13:59 18 Oct 2006

All sorted now. Many thanks.

De Marcus: your activation code did the trick. I'd still love to know why I didn't get one though — but I'll tick the box.

Cheers
Jim

CalGuy7 02:54 22 Oct 2006

I have the sam issue as Jim Thing, no e-mail from Comodo with the activation coded. Can Someone help?

Thanks

De Marcus™ 09:44 22 Oct 2006

Check your email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?