Comodo firewall configuration

loopyloo 15:19 01 Mar 2008

I am at present using Zonealarm pro but are having alot of problems with. It keeps on jamming up my computer but I can at least when working connect to the internet. I have tried Comodo firewall and it works fine but the only thing is I don't know how to configure for networking. I have a deskop computer, router and laptop, but the only thing is I can't pick up the desktop or laptop using Comodo. I have tried to configure the setting but I'm having no luck. Please can someone give me step by step instructions.

phil.smith 19:08 01 Mar 2008

When you install Comodo there is a window which allows you to specify that you wish Comodo to recognise your local network (I think it is option 2).
Phil

Kemistri 02:04 02 Mar 2008

I have three clients in two networks running Comodo, partly because of its excellent tweakability (if that's a real word). You'll find that everything that you need for fine tuning of network permissions is on the Advanced tab of the Firewall pane, but if you chose the more advanced mode at the time of installation and have the context menu security levels set to Learning Mode, then you should not need to change any settings at all. It's simple to use anyway, should you need to get under the bonnet.

Full user guide here: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?