Comodo firewall

the hick 17:13 01 Nov 2008

Comodo will not start, after installing SP3. Get message, 'Error while loading resources from C;\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cfp.dll. Aborting application.'

It will not uninstall either, this time '....\Firewall\cfpconfg.dll. Aborting application.'

Tried to download fresh copy of program, but failed. Any advice please?

sunnystaines 17:18 01 Nov 2008

instal again then uninstall with ccleaner or revo

the hick 17:29 01 Nov 2008

sunnystaines, tried to instal again, no joy, same error when said 'yes' to uninstall old copy. According to 'Security Center', Comodo is still running, but icon gone from bottom right shortcut bar. Most perplexing!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 01 Nov 2008

Don't uninstall old, just install over the top into same folder.

the hick 20:19 01 Nov 2008

I created a new restore point, then restored to earlier time of yestrday, then uninstalled Comodo, then unrestored back to the present, and Comodo is still there! Dont know what to do next, cannot seem to get rid of it.

rdave13 20:27 01 Nov 2008

Restore to the time you were able to uninstall Comodo. Uninstall it. Don't 'unrestore' as defeats the object.
If SP3 not installed at the restore point then reinstall it and use XP firewall for now.
Install Comodo firewall or if lost faith in it then install another one.

Ashrich 20:49 01 Nov 2008

If you fancy installing a different firewall I can recommend the PC Tools free firewall , similar to Comodo and runs perfectly well with SP3 .

Ashley

rdave13 20:59 01 Nov 2008

Running PC Tools firewall in Vista and ok. Tried it on XP and problems while running games demos.
Still worth a try.

Stuartli 21:19 01 Nov 2008

I use Comodo Firewall Pro with XP and SP2 and SP3; it's a first class product.

It's been updated twice in the last few days by Comodo in similar fashion to WindowsUpdate.

rdave13 21:38 01 Nov 2008

Wouldn't you agree somewhat that Comodo is becoming a tad bloated? Using version 2 on XP. Used v3 on Vista but it's slow in loading and is a drain on resources in my opinion.

kidsis 11:23 02 Nov 2008

To the hick: if you check the Comodo forum I'm sure you will find advice on how to uninstall the firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie