comodo firewall

ann1957 13:14 09 Nov 2007

i have just installed comodo firewall when i disable windows firewall computer tells me i have no firewall active armour firewall is turned off what have i done wrong

Technotiger 14:16 09 Nov 2007

Normally when you install a 3rd Party firewall on XP, the Windows firewall will automatically be turned off. If XP does not recognise the 3rd Party software it would report that you have no firewall, when in fact you do have a firewall.

I have never used Comodo but I guess that as long as you have it turned on, you should be protected ok.

SB23 16:54 09 Nov 2007

I'm now using Comodo again, after ZA went funny, and the same has happened to me.

Comodo takes a few seconds longer to start up, but in that few seconds Windows tells me that I have no firewall protection. Also Aol doesn't recognise Comodo, so again, on the Aol logon screen it says no firewall is present.

In my tray Comodo is active, thats what matters, so I don't worry about it.

rdave13 18:49 09 Nov 2007

This niggled me a bit but found a way to resolve it via the Comodo forums.Read this thread until you come to a reply that has the 'remove_wmi zip' link on it. I downloaded to desktop, unzipped and ran it. Then rebooted and windows now recognises Comodo Firewall Pro. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017