Comodo Firewall

RobCharles1981 20:56 20 Dec 2006

Is anyone trying out the latest version of Comodo firewall???

click here

phil.smith 21:18 20 Dec 2006

I'm running 2.3.6.81 - is the the latest apart from Beta versions?

Phil

gudgulf 21:22 20 Dec 2006

I'm also on the latest non beta version,2.3.6.81

I'll have a look on the Comodo forums to see what's new in the latest beta.

gudgulf 21:30 20 Dec 2006

Lots of information about the beta versions of Comodo

click here

RobCharles1981 20:06 21 Dec 2006

Is the Beta Version of this to install or not???

gudgulf 20:19 21 Dec 2006

You can if you want.........but the only major change through all the betas is to add multi language support.

One language at a time with each new beta version.

If your installation is working properly,as mine is then I would let them reach a final version before updating.

They've also changed the name to "pro" but I gather this is merely to differentiate it from the free reduced function firewalls such as ZoneAlarm free, rather than indicate a change to it's feature set.Explained in this post on the Comodo forum click here

Comodo has all the features of a paid for "pro" version (and outperforms most) even though it is free.

J B 00:00 22 Dec 2006

I have been looking at this firewall for sometime and thinking should I replace Z/A with this one. I must admit that when it comes to firewalls Iam useless. All I want is one that works straight out of the box. Does this one do that and if so is it wizard based? J.B.

RobCharles1981 00:06 22 Dec 2006

I'm going to stick to Comodo from now on I think its far better than Zone Alarm - I downloaded it from their site: click here

RobCharles1981 00:06 22 Dec 2006

I'm going to stick to Comodo from now on I think its far better than Zone Alarm - I downloaded it from their site: click here

rdave13 00:29 22 Dec 2006

It's a good firewall but needs to "learn" what is allowed or not. So if you try it, it will send a lot of pop-ups asking allow or not to begin with. One great feature is click on security tab and click on "scan for known applications". This will search your pc for your apps and automatically allow internet access rules for them. Been using Comodo firewall for some time now and is one of the best I have used.

Input Overload 00:38 22 Dec 2006

I am using Comodo after 'trying it out', despite having a licence for Zone Alarm Pro I prefer Comodo, the best firewall I have used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?