comodo anti virus

jules1957 07:34 09 Nov 2007

any one used or got opinions on this product want to make the right choice before installing

Technotiger 07:39 09 Nov 2007

Hi, lots of members use Comodo and it is quite highly thought of within the Forum.

birdface 08:12 09 Nov 2007

I have never tried there anti-virus.I always use programs that come recommended,I use Avg and to tell the truth I did not know that Comodo had an anti-virus program.I have never heard anyone mention it before,The old saying ,better the devil you know,comes to mind.

C3 08:30 09 Nov 2007

I gave it a couple of months on my system and I like the ideas it has, with the HIPS thing, but there are still a few bugs that need to be ironed out.
The system for sending in files to be put on the Comodo "safelist" is a good idea, but in reality the amount of data it wanted to upload was prohibitive.

I've ended up uninstalling it and putting AVG back on.

Once they release the full release of it, I'll probably use it.

But everyone should use their Firewall as it is very good (unless you're on Vista!)

jules1957 09:24 09 Nov 2007

well thanks for all your help think i take your advise and stick with what i no i use avg at moment and i use pc tools firewall what are your thoughts on that product any comments or opinions welcome

mymate 09:24 09 Nov 2007

Avast is a good anti virus program . click here
I never got on with Avg and when i used to scan with Belarac it used to say my virus definitions are out of date.
Comodo firewall i have heard of but not their anti virus .

birdface 10:26 09 Nov 2007

At the moment Comodo is the No1 Firewall.I use Kerio Firewall I find it very easy to use,but if I had to change it would be to Comodo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?