Common problems about a DVD Ripper and how to sol

jima520 08:23 14 Apr 2009

DVD is short for Digital versatile disk and was initially intended to substitute for VHS tapes, since it is inconvenient to carry it about people. And it quickly came up as portable data storage device just as expected. As DVD is more and more popular, DVD ripper extends its market and plays more and more important role in our daily life.

So below are some common problems about a DVD Ripper and how to solve the problems in an appropriate way. I just would like to list Pavtube DVD Ripper(For Windows) for instance.

[b]1. Do I have to install codec for conversion?[/b]
You do not have to install codec, as the ripper has been bundled with the decoders and encoders to support the conversion. However, if you want to play specific format on your computer, you shall install the related player to play it.

[b]2. I converted DVD to XVID Video (*.avi). There is only sound when playing in Windows Media Player, no image.[/b]
Please make sure you have installed XviD codec on your computer. It is free for you to download and install the XviD codec. Then, you can watch XviD video with Window Media Player.

[b]3. Among the formats in the ripper, which is the better encoder to keep video quality?[/b]
To keep the video quality without compression, it is recommended that you use the profile "Lossless uncompressed avi". Generally, formats like WMV, MP4, MOV, 3GP, MPG has been highly compressed, and some of the frames will be lost during the compression. AVI is the less compressed format. With the same settings as other formats, the AVI files will keep more data and perform completely as the original files.

[b]4. How to speed up the conversion?[/b]
You can click on the "Settings" button, and then choose a lower video bit rate, a lower frame rate, a smaller dimension for the video size, such as 320x240, 176x144, etc. However, the settings will influence the output quality. Please choose the most convenient settings for your conversion.

[b]5. An error message pops up, about AVW object for encoding.[/b]
This error occurs when the output folder can not be written with data any more. Please check the properties of the output folder, and the disk space of the driver, which the output folder locates. Alternatively, you can choose another folder for the output files.

[b]6. I get the error message: The DVD cannot be imported or the IFO file cannot be imported.[/b]
Please make sure the following points:
1. The IFO file is in the same folder with the VOB file.
2. The names of the files follow the DVD naming convention. The folder should be VIDEO_TS. There is VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.IFO, VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01.0.DUP, etc.
3. The IFO file or the VOB file has not been destroyed. To test this, you can try if the video can play on DVD player.

[b]7. I want to change the settings for the file to play on my iPod, what kinds of parameters can I change?[/b]
Select the file you want to convert, and click on the "Settings" button. Choose the profile for iPod, and then you can change the video codec, video bit rate, video size, frame rate, audio bit rate, and sample rate according to the iPod supported video formats. The following is the settings for the fifth generation iPod:
H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
If you want to get the audio file, you can choose AAC, MP3, and WAV as iPod music with sample rate from 16 Kbps to 320 Kbps.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:33 14 Apr 2009

Do you ever give up?

G

johnoo8712 10:01 14 Apr 2009

can I help you?

Stuartli 10:30 14 Apr 2009

It's a scam..:-)

scotty 12:41 14 Apr 2009

I don't understand, what is the scam? Have I missed something previously on this subject?

Stuartli 13:05 14 Apr 2009

These are forms of advertising and are being posted in several of the forums. See, for instance:

click here

where you will note that ened, in this case, has informed the FE.

This prevents other forum members from also informing the FE and deluging his mail box.

The FE did write a thread on the subject a little while back, but I haven't found it yet.

jima520 04:06 15 Apr 2009

This is a misunderstanding, here has not cheated, does not have the advertisement, I just am say me to use this feelings, good thing, everybody share

Stuartli 11:05 15 Apr 2009

Pull the other one....

We weren't all born yesterday.

This is just one clue:

"I just would like to list Pavtube DVD Ripper(For Windows) for instance."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

ManvsMachine win UK's only Gold Design Cannes Lions award

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?