comments please

designer100 09:12 08 Sep 2007

I have worked on a basic site for our local church and it has been on the net for a few weeks. However I have had little feedback from users so would like to get the opinions of you good people from whom I have learned so much by lurking :-)

Any comments or criticism welcome.

Thank you.

The site is at click here

mco 09:21 08 Sep 2007

very clear, simple, does what it's meant to - I believe there are spam issues (and ways round) having your email address on your site but other than that I like it!

designer100 09:38 08 Sep 2007

Thank you mco

What should I do about spam problems? The text is hidden via ascii code which i was told would help prevent robots harvesting.

Marko797 12:11 08 Sep 2007

Nice site. I'm doing something similar for my own business. Can anyone suggest how, when u go to print preview, you can make it fit an A4 sheet? I'm using Net Fusion. This site seemed to have similar issues.

Marko797 12:12 08 Sep 2007

Sorry that should have read, A4 sheet in portrait

IClaudio 18:36 10 Sep 2007

Make your e-mail a graphic file and insert that into the page.

Forum Editor 18:08 11 Sep 2007

and congratulations - if it's your first attempt you've succeeded in avoiding some of the pitfalls that wait to trap the newcomer to web design.

That said, I endorse the comments made by fourm member, with the possible exception of the remark about the home page - there's plenty of white space on my screen.

designer100 09:20 13 Sep 2007

Thank you and apologies for the delay as I was away from the office for a while.

I am concerned about access issues so will have to do something about that - at the moment I am not sure what colours would be better so if someone can suggest that to me I would appreciate it.

Thank you once again.

Diodorus Siculus 08:08 15 Sep 2007

The space seems relative to the screen size; my 19inch tft shows lots of space whereas my 15.4 inch laptop shows none.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?