command for Repair in CMOS

[email protected] 18:20 28 Dec 2006

I have got as far as doing a repair on an installation of XP, but of all the possible commands in CMOS I don't know which one to choose to carry out the repair? Help ;-) I am past the Enter Password bit, thanks.

do you mean xp recovery console?

[email protected] 18:48 28 Dec 2006

Hi handyd - yes. I have got as far as selecting 1, then the password, and up comes C:\WINDOWS> and I don't know what to put in? :-(

try this click here although it does state it is for advanced users, I've tried and failed to understand how to recover xp from this console, good luck. if no luck post back.

[email protected] 19:06 28 Dec 2006

Thanks. Well I tried the obvious (BOOTCFG/REBUILD) and that didn't work. Tried (FIXMBR) and decided to heed the cautionary warning about possibly damage to a disc sector!
From the links, it looks like Recovery Console has to be installed before you can use it! Of course, what I mean is, it doesn't appear to be installed as and when you install the OS but has to be done separately. May be wrong, maybe someone else can comment. I have decided to do a complete re-install but I would like to know what really should be done to use the Repair option.

VoG II 19:09 28 Dec 2006

Repair XP click here

[email protected] 19:18 28 Dec 2006

Thanks VoG™. It didn't seem to follow the same sequence of events as your link (thanks for that - bookmarked). I (and others probably) are prompted to hid the R option a stage too soon. Just followed your link to the letter and we are up an running. Thanks a lot.
;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?