"command" "ipconfig" etc

Tazfan 13:30 20 Aug 2003

Hi people.

When I type one of the above into Run, all that happens is that for a fleeting moment, the command box comes up on the desktop then vanishes without trace. I am unable to get it to show so I can use it.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

As always, thank you in advance for your time and your trouble.

T:-)

spikeychris 13:33 20 Aug 2003

Taz, you have to type command into run first then type ipconfig /all

Chris

Tazfan 14:10 20 Aug 2003

Hey Chris.

When I type command and run it, I only get the box onscreen for a milisecond. I cant type anything anywhere LOL.

How you doing anyway?

spikeychris 14:41 20 Aug 2003

Hello Tazfan I'm great thankyou mate, hows yaself?

click here and check out the 19:45 reply. I know that the problem is different but if you dont have %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM then it could be the problem.

Chris

Tazfan 15:54 20 Aug 2003

Not to bad at all. Waiting for a date for surgery so thats a little worrying but cant complain really.

I amended the path you outlined, and it had made no difference. I cannot get the "DOS box" to stay on the screen. Typing netstat or any other command in the run box only brings the screen up for a few seconds. Its annoying.

All the "DOS box" does is to flash onscreen then vanish.

Any other suggestions?

I mite try a scanreg /restore and see if that makes any difference. That wont cause me to have to reinstall all the updates though will it?

Thanks for your contiued help on this.

T:-)

spikeychris 17:47 20 Aug 2003

Sorry Taz just got in from work. Yeah give scanreg restore a whirl, you won't have to reapply updates.

Take care and let us know how you get on..

Chris

spikeychris 18:17 20 Aug 2003

BTW Tazfan type cmd /k ipconfig into run..it will give you the ipconfig.

Tazfan 20:05 20 Aug 2003

LOL @ Chris. Id love to see what my IP address is (wanna monitor to see how often it changes), but as before,I type your command into run, and the screen only appears for a micro second.

spikeychris 20:11 20 Aug 2003

How about start programs accessories command prompt?

spikeychris 20:16 20 Aug 2003

Or go to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and run it from there.

david4637 20:22 20 Aug 2003

I don't know what its for but I typed in the above commands and got the MSDOS box for about a second. Running W98SE. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie