Combining laptop and desktop??

10guitars 13:59 27 Sep 2010

Hi I a have a problem and am hoping someone can help. Recently, my laptop developed a fault with the display and is stuck in an infinite loop (ati2dvag.dll). I have tried all the stuff i can find on the internet and still no joy. I am now using my old desktop PC which is extremely slow and painful to use. My question is - Can I use a combination of my laptop, which is fairly powerful and quick, and my slow desktop Pc to solve my problems. ie can i use my laptop memory/processor but view through my desktop? Might sound a bit of a strange one but I cant really afford to repair/replace at this time.

Thanks

mgmcc 14:26 27 Sep 2010

The answer is "not really". Although you could network the two computers, any files you run from the PC would be limited to the speed at which the PC runs. You could connect the Laptop to the external monitor, but that probably doesn't help with the loop that it's stuck in.

Have you tried removing the mains adapter and the battery, so that the Laptop is completely without power? Leave for a couple of hours and see if it then behaves properly.

10guitars 14:41 27 Sep 2010

Ok thanks for your help anyway. I had already tried to use an external monitor but did not help as you say. I have taken the battery and mains adaptor out of the laptop and will give it a try later

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?