Colours Wrong in Adobe Reader

Pesala 12:35 08 Jan 2007

I found that colours display darker in Adobe Reader than in Foxit Reader or the source application.

Is there any setting within Adobe Reader to correct this error?

Burgundy RGB 128,0,0 displays as 122,29,31

Dark Blue RGB 0,0,128 displays as 46,48,109

That is quite a significant difference where there should be none at all.

terryf 12:44 08 Jan 2007

Is it only adobe reader or are all your colours different, is it the way that you have set up your display/graphics card? If it is readable and other windows are OK the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' may be the answer.

Pesala 13:04 08 Jan 2007

As I said, the colours display darker in Adobe Reader than they do in Foxit Reader or the source application.

The RGB colour values are determined by the palette in the source application. The values were checked by taking screen shots and pasting into Irfan View. When comparing Adobe Reader to the source image, the colour differences are very obvious, which led me to measure the difference.

Pesala 13:05 08 Jan 2007
  hssutton 14:34 08 Jan 2007

One possibilities Adobe reader was initially saved as RGB and Foxit saved as sRGB.

RGB always looks a little flat in comparison to sRGB when viewed on a monitor.

Have you clalibrated your monitor. Here is a very good software calibration wizard click here

The reading on my calibrated monitor at the sRGB setting is

122-30-32

47-49-109

128-0-0

0-0-128.

These figures where obtained from Photoshop CS2 & CS3.

Pesala 14:59 08 Jan 2007

It is nothing to do with monitor calibration as the colours are different colours in different applications on the same monitor. Irfan View or any other colour picker is impervious to any calibration.

It seems that the problem is related to the drop shadow special effects, which use alpha transparency. Foxit Reader is ignoring some info in the PDF so it displays the text in the right colour. If I remove the drop shadow, the colours display accurately in Adobe Reader.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?