Colour Profile for winxp pro and epson sx200

badgermansix 22:39 22 Dec 2009

Windows xpPro and Epson Stylus sx200,

How can I check whether or not I have the correct colour profile for these two, I have been printing blue tinted pictures, even with new ink.

tia

badgermansix 15:23 23 Dec 2009

^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:46 23 Dec 2009

Open the printer properties
Advanced tab
Colour Management
Colour Mode
Settings

Pamy 15:54 23 Dec 2009

May be that the RED/GREEN are not running properly and nead cleening/filling.

By the way, have you seen PC Plodders post about conpatable inks?

badgermansix 20:58 23 Dec 2009

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Thank you for that, the Default colour profile for this printer is EEIJP_3
Does my PC automatically pick this up, and can I check that this is recognised by the PC do you know?

Pamy, thank you, I have read this with interest, this is a new printer and I am still using the part loaded inks provided.
I have always used third party inks, and get mine from PCFriend, I have already got the new cartridges from them so will await the replacement to see how thing go.

Thank you both.

iambeavis 11:02 24 Dec 2009

If your printing on photo-quality paper you need the apropriate paper/ink-combo profile otherwise you'll get colour casts. The Epson profiles for your printer are available for download - click here

badgermansix 15:41 24 Dec 2009

iambeavis, thank you.
I have downloaded this and it seems to be the same as the default that I mentioned and downloaded earlier. EEIUJP_3.
Originally, this was not in the Colour management folder of Properties of the printer, so I am probably o.k. now. I have not yet tried to print as I am waiting to install the compatiable ink cartridges from PCFriend to see if they work o.k.

many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:03 24 Dec 2009

Hmm
My SX200 only has Epson Vivid and Adobe RGB

hssutton 20:44 24 Dec 2009

Before getting too involved with printer profiles, have you calibrated your monitor?

This is a most important stage. If you don't have the necessary software/hardware to do this download Monitor Calibration Wizard click here

This is an excellent piece of freeware, if your image editor allows, use "printer Manages Coloues".

In Photoshop this is shown in the Print Management dialogue box

hssutton 20:46 24 Dec 2009

"printer Manages Coloues".

Should read "printer Manages Colours".

badgermansix 08:58 27 Dec 2009

hssutton, thank you for that, I have done as you suggest, and found that I am using the default monitor profile, with which I am quite happy.

I have also printed a few pictures using the original Epson ink, I am satisfied with them now so I will consider this problem as resolved.

Thank you all for your input and a Happy New Year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?