Colour and Image positioning when printing.

Connaught 04:39 01 Apr 2004

I am reproducing copies of my artwork on to A4 photopaper with the intention of placing them in the centre with a broad border all round for placing in an A4 frame.

I have two HP deskjets, one a 930C and the other a 3550 . Using the facility in various software programs, including HPs own software, the image is always placed a few millimeters off centre and is useless for an A4 frame.

I also find that the output colour is quite different to what you see on the screen. I do no expect perfection but I would like a reasonably close comparison.

Does anyone please have a solution to these two issues.

I have been in touch with HP but they cannot help.

Many thanks

Tog 07:13 01 Apr 2004

To get the colour the same on the printer you will need to set up a colour profile for the monitor in the first place. Then create a colour profile for the printer. Some artwork packages include the facility to do this i.e. Corel but for others you need to either buy a package or pay a third party to do it for you.

Tog 07:16 01 Apr 2004

When I print using Corel, I can centre the image using the printer properties, but I'm using a Xerox.

Connaught 02:38 03 Apr 2004

Thank you Tog - I shall have to experiment with other Programs. I am surprised though that these issues do not seem to crop up in magazines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?