Colour fade Digimate L1718 TFT

Kernow999 08:18 31 Jan 2006

Hi,
I bought a 17' Digimate L1718 TFT last April but the colours have started to change on screen. It appears to flicker and adjust itself. Also, the brightness seems to have permanently faded despite changing it on the menu.
Any thoughts or suggestions please?

Thanks

Forum Editor 09:29 31 Jan 2006

The standard check with suspect displays is to try them on a different computer, which eliminates any possibility of the fault being at the computer end - have you tried this?

You should also check the connectors at both ends of the cable, it's surprisingly easy for a TFT display cable connector to become loose at the monitor end.

If you do all that and the display is still not right, take it straight back to the supplier and ask for a repair or a replacement. Don't accept any excuses, but understand that most suppliers can't repair monitors themselves, they send them back to the makers. The supplier is liable for the repair under the sale of goods act, but in any case you have a 3 year manufacturer's warranty on the monitor in addition to your rights under consumer law.

Kernow999 19:47 01 Feb 2006

Hi,
Many thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay in replying.
I phoned Digimate and within an hour it was picked up so we shall wait and see.
Many thanks for the advice

Kernow999 18:04 18 Feb 2006

got it back. No fault found!

Bizarre, but at least I know it is ok.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?