Collating Digital photos in albums

rols 14:45 15 Mar 2004

I have W XP and use MY PICTURES for my digital photos. Some of these are already in albums but I dont know how this was done. I want to put another collection of photos in an album but have no idea how to do this.

Diodorus Siculus 15:12 15 Mar 2004

click here for a good, free, digital photo album. I don't know about arranging pics on MyPictures though.

hssutton 16:21 15 Mar 2004

Are you wanting dedicated photo album, if so Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop sell one as do many other companies. If you mean that you want to create more "albums" (Folders) within "My Pictures", just right click within the "My Pictures" and select "New" "Folder" and name it whatever you like.

rols 17:03 17 Mar 2004

Thanks hssutton. I know how to make a new folder but how do I get the photos into it. I know I can drag them but with over a 100 to do it gets tedious! I also bought Serif PhotoManager but cant get my photos into folders with it. I must be getting dim or something so would be grateful for help from anyone.

Diemmess 17:49 17 Mar 2004

Fundamental and basic stuff >

When you have a photo on screen, you can "Save it as"..... Select the folder you have made, click on that, and then name your picture and save it.

If you want to save a whole list of photos to a particular folder, use My Computer to find the list of files, select the ones tou want (hold down Shift for a sequence, or Control for single scattered files), select Copy, and then open the named folder and Paste.

There are special programs out there, but I think you are looking for some fundamental help.

hssutton 19:14 17 Mar 2004

As Diemmess says, or just highlight the photos and drag them to your new folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017