Codemasters 'Dirt'

Chas49 23:07 25 Feb 2008

I have a problem with the Codemasters ‘Dirt’ - running in Vista. I an using the arrow keys to accelerate, steer and brake but they are over sensitive – its impossible to accelerate and steer properly. It was the same set up in Toca (albeit on an XP computer) but I didn’t have that trouble. Is there any way of altering the sensitivity of these keys.

brundle 23:32 25 Feb 2008

No such thing as `sensitivity` with an on/off circuit like a keyboard key. I've played the demo and found it uncontrollable even with a PS2 controller - Colin Mcrae 1 & 2 on the old PSX had the perfect controller setup for such things.

Chas49 08:35 26 Feb 2008

Thanks Brundle:

You are correct of course, it is either on or off. With Toca 3 and previous games of that type I had no trouble and any car 'instability' was entirely my fault and I realised that and was able to remedy that, the games were good value.

It would appear now that 'Dirt' is plagued by a fault not of our making - in fact, as far as I am personally concerned, a complete waste of money.

That is a pity for I find that such games help to keep your mind active - especially when eyesight is so poor that the real thing has to be given up.

Such is life I'm afraid!

keef66 11:12 26 Feb 2008

get a usb steering wheel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?