Codec not playing sound in media player

je-haz 21:28 13 Dec 2007

Hi,

I am trying to play a .MOV file that has the H.264/AVC encoding.

Obviously apple quicktime plays it because its an MOV, but I can also get it to work in mediaplayer - but vison only. There is no sound.

I'd really like to set media player to play it, and give it the little icons in vista if possible.

Does anyone know where I could get the code from?

Thanks,
James

skidzy 21:33 13 Dec 2007

Try VLC click here

MAJ 21:41 13 Dec 2007

Install the K-Lite codec pack, I think that might allow you to play mov files in WMP 11, I can in any case, and WMP is supposed not to support them. click here

skidzy 21:43 13 Dec 2007

I was going to say about the codec pack,but as you...thought WMP cannot play them without being converted first.

MAJ 21:52 13 Dec 2007

Yes, most strange, skidzy, I just tried to play one in WMP and it played okay. First time I've tried it as I only have one mov file, lol. The only reason I could think of was the fact that I'm using k-lite.

je-haz 22:14 13 Dec 2007

yes it works in winamp!
both sound and video.

I want it to work on media player though - and i can only get the video to work !

I already have K-lite installed.

any other ideas?

MAJ 22:27 13 Dec 2007

Windows media player requires the direct show filters installed to play mov files. click here

Try the CCCP codec pack. click here I also have it installed.

je-haz 23:04 13 Dec 2007

MAJ

Thanks for the tip.

I installed CCCP but no joy :(
Stuill no sound in Media player - only winamp and quicktime.

Help!

De Marcus™ 23:15 13 Dec 2007

There is only 1 codec pack, the x
p codec pack!

je-haz 00:36 14 Dec 2007

MAJ

I already had the full KLITE code pack installed, but i went back to their site and noticed a new one which also supported Vista.

This had the codec in there!

Not only this, but it has an option to process the audio with noise reduction - this is perfect for the movie files my digital camera makes.

The quicktime codec is more "raw" and just spurts all the bad quality sound out with the good.

ened 06:39 14 Dec 2007

Bookmark

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone