code 39 issue win xp

jamadarie 00:53 28 Jan 2007

Postie24 helped Noppit with this problem earlier this month. I followed all the steps., but when I got to 10. there were only upperfilters. I deleted those. At the top under name there is a default for the dvd. Could that be the lowerfilters category? If not, is it possible that under that key in the column under name that only upperfilters needs to be deleted? Please help. I am not able to complete the installation of my new dvd drive due to this error.

Totally-braindead 01:01 28 Jan 2007

Since I never saw the posting to which you refer I haven't got a clue what you are on about I'm afraid.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:18 28 Jan 2007

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)

Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip click here and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

This utility is only intended for Windows® XP. You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

p;3 15:32 28 Jan 2007

of interest

threee threads on this now running

click here

click here

and now here; recipe for .......

p;3 15:33 28 Jan 2007

I have advised the F.E. of the duplicates and this one as they are now all linked on here:)

SANTOS7 15:36 28 Jan 2007

jamadarie, by multiple posting as you are, you are going to cause more than a little confusion PLEASE STOP doing it, asking for help by name is also a NO-NO, tick the threads that have little relevance to your problem and concentrate on ONE!!!

postie24 16:08 28 Jan 2007

jamadarie,if Fruit Bat,s /\0/\ suggestion doesnt work,delete just the upperfilters,not the default one.
Dont forget to create a restore point 1st

Postie24

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?