COA licence

  iqs 19:27 19 Feb 2011


I'm sure this as been posted before on this forum,but....

I have just found an old laptop in my attic.The OS is corrupted and I no longer have the recovery/OS disc.

The COA is still attached to the base,do I require the same version of XP as the COA states,XP Professional 1 CPU.Or can I use any version of XP PRO.
And does this apply to XP Home as well ?


  Jollyjohn 19:35 19 Feb 2011

Any version of XP Pro will do - but not XP Home - Home will install to the point it asks for code then stop!

  iqs 10:03 20 Feb 2011

thanks Jollyjohn

  Strawballs 10:19 20 Feb 2011

make sure it is an OEM copy and not retail if it came pre-installed on machine.

  GaT7 15:42 20 Feb 2011

As Strawballs says. Also preferably one that's not linked to any other manufacturer.

"And does this apply to XP Home as well?"

Yes, if you had XP Home OEM installed instead, you would want to use a XP Home OEM disc. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?