co-ordinating printer with pdf document

qwesaws 06:29 04 Aug 2010

I have a HP allinone printer and I`m trying to print a pdf document using both sides of the paper and printing selected pages in groups say
50 to 75 evens or odds usually i find this quite easy to do although I havn`t done it with a pdf doc anyway the problem I have is when I`ve made all my selections on the printer screen the page numbers selected are not the same in the printer
so how can I get the two to match? please

Simsy 07:43 04 Aug 2010

that the problem you have is that the pdf page numbers are not the same as the numbers on the page...

For example, often a pdf will be an exact copy of a printed document... the printed document may will have a cover, probably a blank inside cover, and then the first page of text will be "page 1"...

when this becomes a pdf, as far as the pdf is concerned, the cover is page 1, the (blank), inside cover is page 2, and the fist page of text, (which may actually have "1" printed at the bottom of the page), is, in pdf terms, page 3.

When you print and specify page numbers you have to specify the PDF page number, not the DOCUMENT page number. It's just a matter of shifting the page number up a few, (usually 2).

I don't know a way of doing this automatically... but it's not too taxing!

With apologies if this doesn't work, or I've got the wrong end of the stick!

Regards,

Simsy

qwesaws 07:56 04 Aug 2010

thanks Simsy that solves it, easy when you know how

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?