C'mon all you experts,

AngeTheHippy 14:28 04 Apr 2003

question or 2. I'm planning to buy a NoteBook fairly soon, & have 2 questions. 1) I use a WACOM Graphics Tablem on my desktop PC. Very nice. Came with a cordless mouse, but I don't use it as the mouse I've got is fine. Can I use this cordless mouse instead of that 'orrid little touch-sensitive pad thingy? 2)I don't particularly wanna set up a LAN, but want to go online with the NoteBook - Is it poss to use the NoteBook directly connected to the phone line and use the same ISP that I use with my desktop PC?

Ta muchley,

AngeTheHippy
x

« Ravin » 14:34 04 Apr 2003

yes you can add another mouse to your lap top .. so you can use your existing mouse instead of the pad.. and you can go online using the laptop alone.

billyliv 14:41 04 Apr 2003

Hi, As long as your laptop has a modem. You will have to set up your ISP setting on your laptop, Best way to do this is go online to your ISP, set up another E.mail address and let your ISP set up your setting automatically. Cheers, Bill

snooker 14:41 04 Apr 2003

AngeTheHippy
Connection of laptop to phoneline and use of same ISP should present no problems.

Not sure about the wireless mouse. I suggest you check with who ever is providing the laptop.

I bought a Fujitsu Amilo D from click here
and the Fujitsu help desk are very good. Give them ia ring on 08705 359752

Belatucadrus 14:43 04 Apr 2003

Some ISPs accounts like freeserve anytime operate only from a specific phone number, so are of limited use on a mobile device like a laptop. I've got two accounts on mine, one for home use and a pay as you go for on the move.

€dstow 14:46 04 Apr 2003

Your machine won't know whether you're using the graphics pad with its stylus or the Wacom mouse. If the Wacom pad works, the mouse should do.

If you do use the touch pad, put the mouse in the dead position (on its back) or move it away from the pad to stop interference.

€d

AngeTheHippy 14:56 04 Apr 2003

yeah, the laptop will have a modem and LAN capability - I wonder if I'm right in thinking though that if I DID set up a LAN, then both the PC & the Laptop could go online together - or would surfing at the same time cause the site pages to appear garbled as it's 2 lots of info requested via the same (dial-up)phone line? (understand my way of thinking? difficult I know - I wonder myself sometimes...;-D) I'm glad about the cordless mouse though.

Ange
x

Djohn 15:11 04 Apr 2003

Just tried my corded mouse, and my cordless mouse into my Son's Laptop PB 5000, and it works fine. J.

Also if you want to use your Laptop on the move, then go to the Vodafone website, and download the software for Internet connection while on the move.

My Son uses this and by plugging his mobile phone into the Laptop, he can access the internet while on the move. Train/coach, or in the midle of a field!

;o)

AngeTheHippy 15:34 04 Apr 2003

only place I might be using it is... in the garden (sad, or what?) Anyway...stand-by - all I need is..THE LAPTOP!!!

AngeTheHippy
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?