cmd is not a valid win32 application please help

rad316 19:28 14 Mar 2006

i'm having trouble setting up a wireless network at home & a friend sugested sending a ping from my main pc to the other from the comand promt via start\run\cmd. but when i tried to do this i got the message cmd is not a valid win32 application. I'm running xp home on a dell system any help very much welcomed.

thanks in advance tony

Skills 19:30 14 Mar 2006

Try seeing if it will start from start | all programs | accessories | command prompt

woodchip 19:43 14 Mar 2006

Do a search for cmd.exe

rad316 19:55 14 Mar 2006

sorry skills tried that & still getting the same error message
tony

TomG 19:57 14 Mar 2006

When you are typeing - are you typing cmd or cmd.exe? It should just be cmd

BRYNIT 20:01 14 Mar 2006

This should help

click here;en-us;324767

rad316 20:01 14 Mar 2006

thanks woodchip i did a search as you suggested & found a comand promt window & have now managed to ping my other pcthanks for your help.

tony

BRYNIT 20:02 14 Mar 2006

Try this click here

VoG II 20:03 14 Mar 2006

This is not good click here

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires